2020 Plot Descriptions
In 2020 Bio Ag Management planted two test plots to examine the response of different biological programs. Each plot was planted with eight rows treated with a different in-furrow program, and eight control rows with no treatment added. This configuration allows each treated area to be directly next to an untreated area. Both plots had no dry fertilizer applied but utilized 100 lbs/acre of fall-applied anhydrous ammonia. Applying low rates of N — and no P and K fertilizer — allows us to attempt to examine the response of biological programs alone, without a traditional fertility program.
Bio Ag E + Starter Program
- Bio Ag E (compost extract) 3 gal
- Soil Revive (complex bio-stimulant package) 7 oz. dry
- BioMate (simple bio-stimulant plus N-fixing bacteria) 6 oz. liquid
- Lift-Off (plant growth hormones) 5 oz. liquid
- Nutri HQ 3-18-18 Starter Fertilizer
- To examine if there is any benefit to adding synthetic nutrients alongside the main Bio Ag Management biological program.
- To give further insight into the positive/negative effects small amounts of synthetic fertilizer can have on the live biological products
Both plots showed small to moderate gains against the check. In Plot One there was a two bushel gain and Plot Two showed a four bushel gain against the check. These results have led us to conclude that there is possibly an antagonistic relationship between the synthetic starter fertilizer and live biological program. More research is needed.